Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm Off to New York City

In two short days, I will be hopping onto a plane and flying

from the Rockies . . .
NOTICE MOUNT TIMPANOGOS
which I can see from my bedroom window. I can even see it from my bed,
if I twist my spine, which I'm not allowed to do.




to the Big Apple

for a little "check-up" with my surgeon.

NOTICE MANHATTAN:
My doctor's office is located right next to the East River, featured on this map. However, there is NO BEACH, which should lower the real estate, but DOESN'T. It's obscene what I'm paying for a room.


I'm testing my level of recovery with this SOLO jaunt.
Next week, I'll report.


I look forward to walking right by
the Hospital for Special Surgery
and over to Dr. B's office on the next block.
No slippers in an overnight case,
no "Special Surgery",
just a wee little appointment.

Here's a sneak preview of an important message for Dr. Boachie . . .

Even though I'm still "in recovery",

I feel better, better, BETTER
than I did before surgery.

I definitely feel . . .

Specifically, I have less pain. Before surgery, I was popping pain pills quite regularly in order to survive. Now, I take one in the evening IF I overdo during the day.

ONE QUALIFIER: Energy is still an issue, but it's SUPPOSE to be an issue for the first year or two post-surgery, so I shouldn't whine. After all, I'm solidly into middle age, not the best time of life for getting torn apart and put back together. Such shenanagans are definitely long-term ENERGY SUCKERS. Some day, I hope to announce . . .

(No more energy suckers in my life.)

While in New York City, I'll be swapping stories with another post-op patient, Janet, who I met on the on-line scoliosis support forum - see below. We'll share a meal together and a taxi ride back to the JFK airport,
since we are both Dr. Boachie Patients from Afar.

TAKE NOTE: The National Scoliosis Foundation Forum is the BEST resource for anyone with curvature of the spine. That's where Janet and I connected. It's also a place where you can get ANY question answered . . . regarding scoliosis, that is.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Guess not. I'm so glad that you had such a great day with your doctor!