Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Fond Farewell


My handicap sticker expired today. Good thing. I don't want to be tempted to use privileged parking when I really don't deserve it.

Speaking of driving . . . last week I jumped into my car and took a 6oo mile road trip to see my new grandchild.

It went shockingly well. The SHOCK was the complete LACK of teeth-gritting pain. It was absolutely phenomenal!

More than other single thing, this car trip was a HUGE AFFIRMATION of why my life is 200% IMPROVED by electing to go on the operating table.

Friends, all good things have their time and place. Now that my handicap sticker has expired, it's time to say for me to say goodbye to this blog.

However, I am starting another blog with chalk-full of photos illuminating the happenings in my quirky little life . You can find me at http://gingersnapgems.blogspot.com/ OR, you can click HERE for the link. I'll be posting at that site after I return from yet another trip to the Utah Red Rock Country with gaggle of girlfriends.

Finally, I'd like to share a touching song entitled "This Scar" written and performed by Lisa Nicole Grace who traveled a similar road with her scoliosis surgery. Click HERE to listen.

2 comments:

K said...

WONDERFUL!!!!!!

You are Pioneer Woman. And at the end of this particular trail. Conrats!

Sarah Buma said...

I just can't help but smile at the fact that I KNOW YOU! YOU ARE SUCH AN OUTSTANDING person. NOW I will add, an UPstanding one, too! Thank you for sharing this pilgrimage with the world. You get the W.O.W. award Big G!
Love, Sarah