Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Drug Withdrawal

For me, drugs are a two-edged sword. With my medications, the pain whispers instead of screaming at me.

Be honest, Ginger. Sometimes it talks rather loudly. But there IS a measure of control with my pharmaceutical friends. And I'm very grateful for that.

On the other hand, I suffer from LOW APPETITE and I point the finger at my collection of pills. (Lucky thing I have kind KIND friends who have come to my rescue with tasty morsels, enticing me to eat.)

Over the last three days, I have cut my medication in half. Not because anyone said to do so. I just wanted to see how I'd get along with less meds. Well, this is how I managed . . .


I suffered. I used a month's supply of Klennex. (Sorry I forgot to pull out the camera and snap some shots of my very own crying bouts. But this image gets the point across.)

But, I'm over it and I'm taking HALF the meds as I was taking last week! Instead of Dilaudid (2 mg) and Ultram SIX times a day, it's THREE times. Instead of Zanaflex and Lyrica THREE times a day, I've tossed the Zanaflex and cut the Lyrica down to twice a day. No more setting the alarm clock and getting up to pop pills! Hurrah!


And, how about the pain?

I'm managing
... and I'm still hiking!

1 comment:

K said...

Of course, you are a person of incredible character. But I've known that for . . . let's see now. Over thirty years. Courage of a lion, face of a lamb. What a woman.