Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over!

Garden Delights, Picked By Loving Hands

I have been given a HUGE reminder of the GOODNESS all around me. I never expected that so many people would come forward and turn my recovery into a completely delightful experience.

NOW I can say my recovery is "delightful". In the hospital, I could only think and talk about killing myself. Great improvement in my attitude, wouldn't you say? That's because so many people have helped to BRING ME BACK TO LIFE!

Just a few examples . .
* An 84-year-old friend offers foot rubs to help me relax.

* Fresh produce arrives, hand-picked by various loving neighbors.

* A childhood friend cleans my carpets and caulks my shower stall.

* Delicious meals and 'treats' show up at my door on a regular basis, which is a
wonderful thing since I probably would have lost ten additional pounds
without this kind of support!

* My doctor plants a flower bed while another friend tackles the gardens in the lower yard.

* There are frequent offers to run errands, and that's been so helpful, here and there.

* Fresh-picked flowers keep my bedroom fragrant.

* Loaned piles books and DVDs . . . and even a TV set for the bedroom provide me coping mechanisms for the long 'resting' hours.

* A dear room-mate from my college days comes every other evening to apply
comfrey ointment on my incision.

* There are so many calls and visits sprinkled throughout the day so that I NEVER feel lonely or depressed.

In fact, I feel totally LOVED and thoroughly PAMPERED!
My heart runneth over!

Childhood friend, caulking my shower stall.


Dr. Sue's flower garden, outside my dining room window.


Sisters Jayne & Barbara, whose photos represent all the
many, MANY dear friends
keeping me surrounded by lovewhile my body is healing.

And this post doesn't even TOUCH the many way
my FAMILY has helped me through this!
Another time!

3 comments:

lynne said...

Ginger-it is fantastic that you have so many wonderful people your life to help you in your time of need...you are very blessed!
Lynne

Paige said...

That childhood friend of yours looks kinda CRAZY!
haha

K said...

Okay. I feel kind of like a bum, here. I love you - does that count?