Sunday, June 8, 2008

Home again!!!

I've been home for forty-eight hours and New York City seems to be light years away! What an amazing experience to flown right home to Provo in a private jet, provided by my brother Ken. We rode way above the flight zone of the commercial jets, which meant we could look down at the thunderheads instead of flying through them. It was smooth sailing all the way without any security lines or other such nonsense.

I have received a mountain-full of blessing as I've gone through this initial phase of recovery. The private jet ride was right up there with the blessing of the world's best scoliosis surgeon and three kids who have been wonderful through this huge ordeal.

Some jet shots! Here's my sister Tricia (on the right) and myself, ready for take off . . .


Here's my brother Ken (who is a regular Jet Setter) and my daughter Kelty, who has been a fabulous caregiver during my entire NYC recovery.


Here I am, in front of our jet at the Provo Airport (Notice, it is now OUR jet!) As you can demise, it was quite windy when we arrived . . . Friday evening at 7:30 p.m. Let me just say, I was ELATED to be back on my home turf! So spacious and relatively quiet compared to Manhattan!

I feel myself recovering beautifully here. My god-daughter and her natal mom have been so attentive. They will be here until Tuesday and then Kelty and Duane will be moving in. The way I'm feeling, I am guessing I'll be managing independently before long!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Ginger Dear~
Phew! Home again, home again! Am so pleased to see you back home, smiling and standing erect in the Provo evening light. It's also wonderful to see Ken again; the last time was in Japan. Ken, your support of your sister is inspirational - may God Bless you and Keep you! And God Bless all who buoyed Ginger up during this life-changing journey.
Love & aloha,
Mujer